Bangladesh is your dream investment destination | Contact: +88 02 956 1416 Fax: +880 2 956 2312 |info@bida.gov.bd

Pharmaceutical Sector

Pharmaceutical Sector 2017-05-07T06:48:01+00:00

Pharmaceuticals Sector

_______________________________

  • Export earnings reached USD 82.109 million in 2015-16
  • Exported to more than 83 different countries over the last 7 years, an export growth rate recorded 25.5% annually.
  • Bangladesh holds the 14th position in 17 regional markets surveyed in BMIs Pharmaceutical, also occupies 67th position in BMI’s pharmaceutical universe.
  • Growing at 24.63% annually and it is now a billion dollar market (doubled in the last 4 years)
  • Pharmaceuticals market projected to grow to 2.00 billion by 2017
  • Domestic manufacturers account for 97% of the drug sales, remaining 3% is imported.
  • About 5,600 brands of medicines are manufactured
  • 257 registered companies, 1,495 wholesale drug license holders, and about 37,700 retail drug license holders.
  • API park where 40 API industries will be able to operate.
  • Bangladesh has the most liberal FDI regime in South Asia
  • The WTO TRIPS agreement permits Bangladesh to reverse-engineer patented generics till 2033 to sell locally and export to markets around the world.
Download PDF
Print Friendly